Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Looking for Inspiration

Wow, I never knew writing a story that doesn't involved mythical creatures, magic or evil demons could be so hard... I've been trying to find inspiration so yesterday I took a trip down to the local video store and picked up a handful of teen movies... don't know whether they're doing the trick, but it's definitely a way to procrastinate.

I find that movies are a great source of inspiration when I seriously require it. They also let my mind relax after it's been working to hard, that's a great way to free up your mind so new ideas can come.

So, what do you do when you need inspiration?

7 comments:

Stephanie McGee said...

I'll do research about seemingly random things. When I got the tickle of an idea to write something with a paranormal element, I started researching paranormal beings. I read a lot of different things and let it all sit in my head. That night, I couldn't sleep. The ideas just flowed.

Now, I have a finished first draft and am awaiting my first round of beta feedback.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Movies always inspire me too. :) But normally what I do when I need inspiration is spend an hour or two surfing iTunes and looking for new music.

Anonymous said...

I daydream for inspiration.

Ralene said...

I go with movies or tv on DVD. :) Or I pray.

Jemi Fraser said...

I tend to read, watch my favourite DVDs or walk :)

MTeacress said...

I do a lot of people watching and eavesdropping. ;)
Ralene hit the nail on the head too - help from above is a solid source of inspiration.
Have fun with your movie marathon!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hi, Cheree! I haven't been by in ages - forgive me. I hope all is well with you, and hopefully the movies will jump-start your creativity.

I saw your website. It's AWESOME! :-)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva