Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Round-up

Wow, I can't believe another year has passed and we have survived (we have even survived the Apocalypse that was supposed to have happened 8 days ago) and a lot of things have happened this year.

This year I made a major relocation to a small country town from a big coastal suburb and began a new career (and survived the first year as a teacher), and the year has definitely been filled with a lot of ups and downs that made it very difficult to battle this year (including a very sad tragedy that occurred to the school community), but as they say it's how you handle the obstacles and find a way to overcome them that makes you grow stronger... so I guess I have definitely grown stronger this year.

So, on to the round-up:

This year I participated in 4 reading challenges and, to my surprise, I succeeded in all 4:

  1. 2012 Debut Author Reading Challenge: 13 out of 11
  2. 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge: I said I would read between 11-20 and I read 23
  3. 2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 66 out of 50+
  4. 2012 Outdo Yourself Challenge: My aim was to read between 52-57 books this year and I read 70
Okay, that's the first time I have succeeded in all of my reading challenges, and to make it an even better year, I set myself two goals for the year:
  1. Finish the final draft of Shadow Embraced
  2. Finish first draft of a new manuscript
and I actually achieved both of those goals (even though the new manuscript was not the one I had thought it would be). My finished manuscript was my NanoWriMo manuscript, which I was excited to finish writing because it was as if the story actually wrote itself. Now I can't wait to get over to Japan and finish off the research to add to some more of the descriptions for the next draft.


If there was one thing I wish I would have done throughout the year, that was to have been more organised with my time, especially with blogging and writing, but I guess that's something I can work on next year.

How was everyone else's year? Did you achieve all of your resolutions? Was there anything that you wish you had achieved throughout the year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva