Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Looking for Inspiration

Wow, I never knew writing a story that doesn't involved mythical creatures, magic or evil demons could be so hard... I've been trying to find inspiration so yesterday I took a trip down to the local video store and picked up a handful of teen movies... don't know whether they're doing the trick, but it's definitely a way to procrastinate.

I find that movies are a great source of inspiration when I seriously require it. They also let my mind relax after it's been working to hard, that's a great way to free up your mind so new ideas can come.

So, what do you do when you need inspiration?


Stephanie McGee said...

I'll do research about seemingly random things. When I got the tickle of an idea to write something with a paranormal element, I started researching paranormal beings. I read a lot of different things and let it all sit in my head. That night, I couldn't sleep. The ideas just flowed.

Now, I have a finished first draft and am awaiting my first round of beta feedback.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Movies always inspire me too. :) But normally what I do when I need inspiration is spend an hour or two surfing iTunes and looking for new music.

lbdiamond said...

I daydream for inspiration.

Ralene said...

I go with movies or tv on DVD. :) Or I pray.

Jemi Fraser said...

I tend to read, watch my favourite DVDs or walk :)

MT said...

I do a lot of people watching and eavesdropping. ;)
Ralene hit the nail on the head too - help from above is a solid source of inspiration.
Have fun with your movie marathon!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hi, Cheree! I haven't been by in ages - forgive me. I hope all is well with you, and hopefully the movies will jump-start your creativity.

I saw your website. It's AWESOME! :-)

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva