Here are two more challenges I'm signing up for next year in order to lower the amount of books on my TBR list (if that's even possible):
For this challenge I'm going to be venturous and challenge myself to the Mega size challenge which requires me to read 50+ YA novels. Since I read over 40 books this year I think I'll be able to get myself to 50 (hopefully). I won't list all 50 here, mainly because that's a big list, but since I've got over 200 on my TBR list I'm sure I'll find something to read.
And, the other challenge I'm signing up for is the Aussie YA reading challenge which, since I'm Australian, requires me to read 12 Aussie novels. Believe it or not I've never been a big fan of Aussie novels, mainly because they were mandatory at school and back then I never thought they were interesting, but now, especially after discovering that John Marsden has created a fantastic story, I think I need to discover what other Aussie talent has produced. Here's the story's I'm going to attempt to read:
- Burn Bright by Marianne de Pierres
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher
- Liar by Justine Larbalestier
- The Dead of Night by John Marsden
- A Killing Frost by John Marsden
- Darkness, Be My Friend by John Marsden
- The Book of Lies by Mary Horlock
- A Pocketful of Eyes by Lili Wilkinson
- Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
- Hollywood Ending/John Belushi is Dead by Kathy Charles
- The Named by Marianne Curley
So, in 2011 are you aiming to read a specific number of books? What books are you eagerly anticipating or aiming to get around to in the coming year?