I'm really bad when it comes to making resolutions... by the time I get to February I usually forget what I've promised to do and I'm too bogged down with life to be bothered to either think back to what I could have promised myself I would do or create some new ones.
But, this year I feel different, because by the end of the year everthing's going to change when I graduate with a bachelor of education and become registered to teach in High School (oh, now that's a scary thought).
So, here are some things I'm aiming for this year:
- Do not leave uni work till the last minute, I need to get good marks... and I definitely need to pass since I've been offered a schollarship which has the conditions that I graduate at the end of the year to be able to take up full time work in 2012.
- Read 50+ novels... just for fun, but I really need to read more (especially of Aussie YA stories)
- Start querying Haven (which will be getting a name change as well before then).
- Start a new project and have at least first draft done.
- Keep my commitments to my critique group.
- Try to fit in "have a life" among all of my other commitments.
So, here's a question: do you make resolutions at the start of the year. If you do, do you usually keep them and what are some of yours this year.