BEA, also known as Book Expo America, is happening in New York and, alas, I could not make it... this could have something to do with it being in a whole different country on the opposite side of the world thing (although I did get the sudden inspiration to dip into my brother's savings for a couple of plane tickets... he did not like that idea much though).
Instead I'll be participating in armchair BEA. Why? Because it costs nothing and I can participate at home.
Today's post is all about introductions. I'm an Aussie book blogger who is currently studying to become a high school English teacher. I read way too much and have over 50 books (not including those on my iPad) that are sitting on my bookshelves just waiting for me to read.
So, here's a little big about me for all those wanting to know (even those who really don't):
- I read everything and all in YA (just call me a big kid at heart).
- I really want to go to Japan... planning to get there at the end of the year.
- I love everything Horror (but more of the psychological than the slasher).
- I write YA and am working on several projects at the moment.
- I play the guitar and dabble in writing my own songs.
- I am very impulsive... especially when it comes to buying books (hey, I can't help that the book store was having a closing down sale with 75% off and I walked away with over 10 books).
- I've already purchased my tickets for the midnight Harry Potter... can't wait to see the concluding movie.
I look forward to meeting up with anyone else doing the armchair BEA. It's going to be just as good as being there (and that's me acting positive).
So, who else is participating in armchair BEA?