Monday, October 6, 2014

From words to graphics

With less than a month to go before the release of Shinigami Eyes, I'm still in awe that I was able to get everything ready in time, and soon I'll have a shiny paperback to prove that I actually finished it (YAY!!!)


Writing Shinigami Eyes story with my brother wasn't the only aspects of this novel though. From the start I also had the idea that I wanted to place graphics in the story to help it resemble the manga that is a main part of the story.

I enjoyed creating the visuals so much that I didn't want to stop there... There was so many other stories that I could tell, and add to at the end of Shinigami Eyes, and that is why I also chose to create a manga, with chapter 1 being released in the paperback version of Shinigami Eyes. I can't say much about the story of the manga or the characters that appear in the storyline as it might give away some crucial plot points of the main story.

Through this whole journey I have discovered that I enjoy graphics design manga creation just as much as I like writing, and I hope that I'm hoping that I'll be able to create a full length manga based around the world of Shinigami Eyes in the not too distant future.

But for now, I'm going to ensure Shinigami Eyes is the best it can be for the release, October 31st... and then get some well deserved sleep.

Don't forget you can pre-order Shinigami Eyes now.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva