Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Official Kissing Day...

Just found out that it's officially kissing day here on the blogosphere. So, what does that mean? Actually I have no idea, but it looks like posting a kissing scene is the thing to do... so, here's a scene from my novel Haven.

He leans into me, pushing me against the hard stone of the nearest building. “You can learn a lot about someone from the way they fight.”

“So, what did you learn about me?” I look away from him.

“Well... you’re driven, hate to lose, conflicted, keeps secrets.” He chuckles. “And, always do the unexpected.”

“All that from the way I get hit?”

“You did get a shot or two in.” He shrugs. He moves his head closer to me until our noses pretty much touch and say, “Like I said, a person’s way of fighting reveals a lot about them.”

I lean in and kiss him, pressing my lips hard against his. I rip my head away and divert my eyes to the ground. I know my face must be lit up like a neon cherry.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it,” I mumble quickly, running the words together.

“I don’t see why.” He returns the kiss, forcing me into the wall.

I snake my arms around his neck, drawing him closer. He smells of cinnamon and rain. My heart races and heat surges through my body. I don’t want this to end.


* * *

I personally find it fun to write kissing scenes, what about everyone else? And, what's your favourite kissing scene?

3 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

Oooh, the scent of rain is one of my faves. Very nicely done!

Kerri Cuev said...

Wow that is a HOT scene, nicely done! I want to read your story now lol!

My fav. scene in my book is when my mc get kidnapped and they discover their attraction to each other. The cold stone cell suddenly comes alive with passion!

As a reader gotta love arguing and fighting tension then they make up and kiss!

Hmmmm kissing day for blogs....weird lol, but now I just might have to post my kissing scene!

Bethany Wiggins said...

Kissing scenes are my absolute favorite to write (and read). I skim ahead in books just to find them sometimes. Yours rocks. I love when a woman makes the first move.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva