Saturday, April 2, 2011

B is for Blog Contests

So today is day number 2 in the A to Z challenge, and I thought a nice celebration was in order. I love blog contests (even though I never win) and I decided to throw one myself. I'm nearly at 300 followers and I thought I would celebrate that milestone.

The rules for the contest:
  1. You don't need to be a follower, but if you are the more entries you'll get.
  2. Fill in the form below
  3. On the 30th April I will announce the winner. That's right. It's going for the entire month and on the day that I post my Z post I will post the winner.
What is the prize? To start off with, the prize is a $30 gift card from Amazon.com. Since this will be going all month and I might be feeling generous the prizes could increase. So pass on the word and lets make this month a fun month.



And, speaking of contests. Shelley Watters is having a contest over at her blog. It's for writers of completed MS's. It is for a twitter pitch (140 characters or less) of the novel.

Here are the rules from her blog:
As this is a contest to celebrate hitting blog follower milestones, to be fair, only followers of my blog or twitter (@Shelley_Watters) are eligible to participate (but you CAN follow me now & enter! :) )

1. Follow my blog and/or twitter (@Shelley_Watters)
2. Sign up for the blogfest using the link below.
3. Spread the word about the contest (via blog/twitter/etc).
3. On April 1st and 2nd, post your 140 character twitter pitch on your blog.
4. Go visit the other contestants and provide comments/critiques on their pitch.
5. On April 3rd, in the comments section of my contest blog, post:

  • Title, Genre and Word Count
  • Your polished 140 character twitter pitch
  • Where you follow me (blog/twitter). Please include your twitter handle.
  • Link to where you spread the word (twitter/blog etc)
  • Your email address where you can be contacted.
So get polishing your 140 character Twitter pitch!


Here is the pitch I'm going to be using:


"To control the creature threatening to take over her, 16-year-old Scar joins an underground fight club of witches, werewolves and vampires."


What do you all think?

24 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Great idea! I've entered :o) Congrats on reaching this awesome milestone of followers!

Jessica @ The Alliterative Allomporph

Talei said...

Awesome!!! Blog contests are always fab! ;-)

Renae said...

Great contest and congrats on the followers!

Katie said...

Thanks for the chance to win!! Have a great weekend :)

Rachel Giesel said...

Hey Cheree!

Great challenge! I'll definitely be entering! The Twitter pitch challenge sounds awesome as well! If only my MS was finished, ha.

I'm hosting a contest on my site too! Check it out if you get a chance!

And good luck with the A to Z Challenge! I'll be back to see how you take on the month!

And your layout is beautiful, by the way.

Josie said...

What a creative way to encourage visits to your blog! I like you already, and I'll be eager to read more! :-)
~Josie Two Shoes~
Two Shoes In Texas 
Monday Memories
Write A Letter Wednesday
Words In Motion

Gregg said...

Very creative! What do I think, I think you are on too something that is going to create excitement, anticipation, buzz, and get some new followers.


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples

Melissa Kline said...

Congrats on nearing 300! I added myself as a follower. :) Love the contest idea. Always great to connect with another writer!

~Melissa
Reflections on Writing

Ellie said...

Awesome competition. Stop by my blog tomorrow - I'm holding my own 300+ followers celebration!

Ellie Garratt

Monica said...

Great idea, I'm follower #301. Found you from the A-Z Challenge, looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun, with maybe with a little bit of stress thrown in!! I’m now following you on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Ruth Donnelly said...

I like your pitch! The only thing I might tweak is "take her over", which is a bit awkward to read. Would "possess her" work?

Susan Oloier said...

Great contest!
Ditto what Ruth said. The "take her over" brought me to a complete halt.

baygirl32 said...

Great idea!! You're over the 300 mark now

ali said...

I love blog contests! And how very kind and generous of you!

Jenny said...

I never win the contests/giveaways either, but it never stops me from entering. Thanks so much for this giveaway!

Kate Larkindale said...

I never win contests either. I had a spate of wins when I was a kid, and think I must have used all my luck up then... Bummer eh?

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow! What a great and generous contest!

A Canadian Girl said...

Congrats on getting past 300 followers!

Jayne said...

I've entered - fab contest - and I'm so impressed with that form! So nice and easy to use. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on 324 followers! WTG!

Carmel @ Rabid Reads said...

Thanks for the giveaway! I'm assuming it's open to Canadians because Amazon ships to us? Hope so, cuz I entered! Congrats on hitting 300!

aobibliophile™ said...

congrats! new follower here! c",)

Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations on having so many followers and thank you for the chance to win!

Linda - Nickers and Ink said...

Fun post!

Tweeted, blogged and entered!

Linda Ann

I stopped by via the A to Z Challenge for April, and I invite you to visit my blogs at The Mane Point (Horses), Nickers and Ink (Poetry), Practically at Home (Home and Helpful How-to’s) and the Meme Express (Daily Blog Prompts).

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva