Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions? Do you have any?

Every new year I aim to stick to a few resolutions I make... most of the time, the resolutions are broken by the end of January. Yeah, why do I make them then? I love giving myself some goal to achieve. Why I can't keep them is simple... Life!

Life gets in the way, especially when I say I'll eat healthier, do exercise each day or focus on my studies more. These sound easy to keep, but when life gets busy, it is easy to get lost in all the commotion and activities that are required to do. This makes it easier to pick up some fast food snack or something else to break the resolutions.

This year, my resolutions are going to revolve around my writing (and this year I'm going to keep them :D). I'm going to:
  • Complete the novels I've started and query at least 1 more.
  • Focus more on blogging on a steady schedule, as well as replying to comments and commenting on more blogs.
  • Get out more reviews for my critique group.
I think these are resolutions I can keep this year.

What about you? Do you give yourself resolutions for the new year? What are some of your resolutions or why don't you have any?

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe since you set writing goals the others will happen as well!
I have two big goals - successful launch of next book and complete writing my third.

Summer Lane said...

Hmm...my resolutions for this year include 1. getting my YA novel published. 2. and actually watering my garden....poor tomatoes

Angela Brown said...

Your writing resolutions sound like great ideas. I wish you luck on the finished product and a successful query process.

I'm just working towards finding a balance in my blogging, writing and daily life. Can't claim I did all that well last year so I have to try better in 2012.

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Great resolutions! I need to do a lot of these as well! Lol!

Gwen Gardner said...

Good luck with your resolutions, they sound great. I don't have a blogging schedule - I just blog when I think of something to say, lol. It's hard to balance blogging and writing, but I try to make writing my first priority.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva