Monday, April 2, 2012

A is for Australia

It's the first day of the A to Z challenge and after thinking a while on what to do for my "A" I decided on the most obvious choice. Where I come from: Australia.

I have lived in Australia all my life, starting from a country city all the way to a coastal suburb. For the past ten years I've lived 20 minutes from the beach. It was hot (way too hot at times), busy and noisy. But, what's not to like?

I lived on the Gold Coast, which was accessible to the beach, major shopping centres and theme parks. People now ask me why I've moved.

That's right, I've moved to a totally different climate. Back to a country town (definitely smaller than I've lived in before), it's quiet, small and cold (well, I've been told it gets cold in winter).

I had to move for work, but I'm not regretting it... although it would be nice to be able to duck down to MacDonald's or just to the cinema or shopping centre without needing to travel half an hour to get there. Yep, it's that small.

Where do you all come from?

8 comments:

Laura Clipson said...

I'm from good old England, where it's cold for about 360 days of the year! Great "A" post :)

Graciewilde said...

California! The northern part of the state and on the coast. Loved your photos and would love to visit your country someday!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I bet it was beautiful!
I'm a military brat so no place is really home other than where I live now.

Arlee Bird said...

Arlee from L.A. here--at least that's where I live now. I'd love to go to Australia.

Lee
A Few Words
An A to Z Co-host blog

Unknown said...

Hunter, recently moved to Sydney from the UK, but really a kiwi (New Zealander). I love living reasonably close to the coast again, but also love small towns. This is the second A to Z challenger I've found who is doing Australia. Great reading. Will follow with interest.

Unknown said...

Another Aussie here! Couldn't imagine living any where else! We live on an island in Moreton Bay - accessible only by ferry. Love it. We moved here from Canberra (where I was born and lived for 36 years) and it was the best move I've ever made!

Krista McLaughlin said...

Australia - such an exciting country! I'm jealous that you live there!

I'm from the US of A... Iowa. Midwest, born and raised here. :) I only wish it was a little more exotic.

Lily Cate said...

From Wisconsin, right in the middle of the top of the U.S.
I a former larger city transplant, too! we lived in our state's biggest city until my son was ready for school, then we found a nice little semi-rural community that has a fantastic school district, and not a lot else.
Which is fun and much less stressful - for now! (Being 25 minutes from the theater, when we used to be six blocks is... challenging!)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva