Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Perfect Cast

I know when I write stories (and even read them), I love to have an idea of what the main cast will look like. I thought it would be fun to create a list of who I think the perfect cast would be for my novel, Shadow Embraced.


When it came to picking my main character, Scar, it was actually a challenge. Scar is feisty and really loves to fight. She also has a dark side which she continuously fights to control.

Even though Chloe Moretz (Kick Ass, Let Me In) is 2 years younger, I love the way she can play the violent roles and still show a vulnerability.






Next up is the love interest, Daemon. He is always in control, suave and really doesn't like to be kept in the dark about anything.

Chase Crawford would fit perfectly into that, not only from his role on Gossip Girl, but also because I loved him in the Covenant.




What can I say about Jynx (a.k.a. Snow as Scar likes to call her)? She definitely holds a grudge and isn't afraid of confrontations, or any consequences that may come from those confrontations.

For her, I think Elizabeth Gillies from Nickelodeon's Victorious would be perfect. From that show, she has already proved that she can play the scary character without losing any flair.



So, what about you? Do you like to picture what actors would be the perfect cast to fill your novels? When reading, do you place actors into the roles so you know what to visualise?

5 comments:

Dark Franny said...

You haven't posted about Rayne. I was curious to know how you pictured her :)
Anyway, good choice of cast, even though I'd pictured an older Daemon.
I don't know Chloe Moretz, but she seems a good fit for Scar.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Chloe is an intense actress! And I posted my movie picks on Monday.

Unknown said...

Love your casting choice with Chloe. She is an incredible actress and Chace was wicked awesome in The Covenant.

In my latest, I pictured Chris Hemsworth as my angel, Ramiel, and Ed Westwick as my beta werewolf, Nathan.

Kerri Cuev said...

Great pics. I have an awful time at casting my characters. I'm better with the playlist lol.

Krista McLaughlin said...

I would be awful at casting my characters... well, I've never even tried. But I like the choices that you made for yours!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva