Thursday, March 29, 2012

A light in the darkness

I've been on a roll with writing lately, and have more ideas still forming. The only problem here is that I'm submerged in horror and death. That's not all bad, because I love the dark and macabre. I have decided once I finish my YA horror I'll have to tune in to something a bit more light before I venture to write the psychological thriller that just popped into my mind yesterday.

I have just realised that sometimes too much darkness can be really draining. It could also be that I'm so tired from preparing for my classes and trying to control angsty teenagers who are already preparing for the holidays that start next Friday.

Maybe I just need to get out for a day and my energy will be restored.

What do you do to get away? Do you write one genre or do you like to work on several depending your mood?

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I just write one genre and it's not very heavy or dark.
I credit my guitar playing with keeping me sane though.

Krista McLaughlin said...

I'm writing a fantasy story with an evil king that murders innocent children. Very depressing at times and I might have to try writing a little topic next time. Sometimes I do write some fanfiction as a way to get away from my novel and enjoy a little easier writing. :)

Think happy thoughts!

Anonymous said...

hello again - re your " fabric post" 17/03 please email and we will definatley sort you out heres a direct link
ta
j dentims

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva