Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So many ideas, which to choose from?

I have a slight problem that I've got too many ideas floating around my head (I think there's too many voices up there screaming for my attention). Sometimes it's hard to choose which story to focus on. Seriously, I've got 3 started, all which have been plotted out, ranging from paranormal to super hero to horror.

I do find it difficult at times to choose which story to work on. I know I should finish one before I start another, but I just can't do that. Instead, I find it a nice relief to have something to keep doing. It allows me to rest a project if I stumble upon writers block or my character's being too stubborn or say they get themselves locked in a padded room because they are seen as too crazy (yes, that has happened).

I do have targets of when I want my stories finished, and when I return to a rested project I have more momentum to push myself along, so I don't see it as a bad thing.

What about you? Do you just work on 1 project or do you like to have multiple ideas on the backburner?

4 comments:

Angela Brown said...

I like having multiple projects because it makes it easier to go from one project to the next if one of the stories is giving me a hard time. At least this is how things are working now :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I can only work on one at a time, otherwise I confuse myself.

Alleged Author said...

I know the feeling. It's both a blessing and a curse!

Sarah Ahiers said...

i always make sure i only write one story at a time. Otherwise i'd start a ton, and never finish any. It was a good lesson a learned a long time ago

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva