Friday, October 16, 2009

Character quirks, or a quirky character

Tonight I was informed of a little habit I have when it comes to addressing people, for some reason (and I didn't know I was doing this) I always address people in the third person.

Who'd have thought, little old me actually has a trait that some can find annoying while others call it psychotic, but this is just being human.

How does one place such little quirks ("traits") into a characters behaviour in a novel without making that character appear overly quirky? What is it about some characters that you absolutely love? They all have these little traits, habits, quirks... psychotic tendencies... that the reader can identify with and grow to love.

So, me with my third person address, is something you just have to love... as long as I don't start addressing myself in the third person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva