Wednesday, October 21, 2009

NanoWriMo...

Where has the time gone this year? It's on the final countdown till the end of October and I still have no idea what I'm going to write about for NanoWriMo, well, except for a rough outline and a very determined character that wants to get out.

What is NanoWriMo? It is a worldwide phenomenon where people (writers and non-writers alike) take up the challenge to write a novel (well, at least 50K worth of words) in the month of November. This site has a better description than I could ever use: What is NanoWriMo

Why would someone want to do something so stupid? It could be to see what happens when a person is fixed on too much caffeine with little sleep. Or, it could be that person doesn't have much of a social life. I can probably count myself in both of those reasons, but the real reason is the challenge and accomplishment. This whole deal forces encourages me to get off my arse and actually complete something, and besides, I'm pretty sure lack of sleep and caffeine overdoses contribute to even more interesting story lines.

Now I just have to plot out whatever it is I'm going to write, or I could just wing it... how hard can it be to write a coherent story in a month without having any clue as to where I should begin?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva