Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One thing to learn from Disney...

So, I had a day off and felt in a lazy mood so I went through my DVD collection. I was in an inspirational, family-friendly mood so I ended up with watching a marathon of Disney movies (Princess Diaries, Lizzy Maguire, Aladdin... okay, I admit it, I'm addicted to Disney...) and all these movies seemed to have one morale...

You can do anything if you just try and never give up...

I think that's the way we should always act (even though it's hard when nothing ever seems to go right). In any obstacle in life, especially with writing, there's always a voice that sneaks into the back of the mind asking why you bother trying... but, where can someone get if they never try?

My definition of luck is: 90% Hard Work, 10% Persistence.

Is there ever a time where you felt like giving up? Is there anything that helps motivate you to keep going for one more day?

3 comments:

Kerri Cuev said...

I love Disney movies! When the kids ask which one is my fav. I can't tell them. Lion King, Lady in the Tramp, Nemo are up there! So is The Incredible's...oh so many!

My motto is live and live well and live as if every day is your last!

Bethany Wiggins said...

The day before I got a call from a literary agent who offered to represent me, I decided to give up writing. Needless to say I changed my mind!

Unknown said...

That's great. Sometimes it is hard to keep going when faced with so many rejections. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva