Friday, December 11, 2009

Querying is like...

Querying is like trying to find a car space at a full parking lot during Christmas time...



Well, it's sort of the same. You research the agents and see one that's seems to be a perfect fit (like someone's who's about to leave the parking lot) so you send in the query and wait (hoping you will get the parking spot soon)...

I know, it's not a great analogy, but it's helped me learn two things this week:
  1.  Querying involves lots of waiting...
  2. It's a really bad idea to go shopping in the weeks leading up to Christmas... no kidding, I spent fifteen minutes looking for a park (avoiding several near-collisions with people fighting over parking spots), just to leave and move on to the next shopping centre... I wonder if I can avoid shopping until after Christmas.
So, how do you handle querying? Or even handle Christmas shopping?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I obsessively visit my email, write, visit email, read, email, drink coffee or maybe a beer, check email.

Horrible process--I don't recommend it.

Good luck querying & x-mas shopping!

Kerri Cuev said...

Have not queryed yet but can't wait to be at that point!

I might obsessively check my e-mail too!

As for Christmas shopping I avoid the crazy parking lots by heading straight for Amazon.com lol! I let them price compare and do all the hard work for me!!!

Bethany Wiggins said...

How did I handle querying? By writing something that I knew was going to be better than the one I was querying. Sounds pathetic, and I guess it is, but it helped!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva