Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When it feels like all the walls are crumbling...

I've probably had one of the lousiest days that anyone could possibly have... and then got kicked in the gut while I was down.

If it's not bad enough that I felt like I was stuffing everything up at work (seriously, we had people who didn't mind sitting at a table that still had scraps of food on plates there because they wanted 'that' table and not the clean one beside it)... apparently I'm also too selfish because I didn't consider my mother and I won a double pass to see the Australian advanced screening of the vampire movie Daybreakers (something which she would never like in a million years)...

So, how could I get kicked when I'm down? I got a job last year on a cruise liner (hey I got a passport, American visa, police check, medical... the works for it). Well, I'm apparently easily to forget because they lost my paper work and I had to go for another interview while they track down my details... and, I just found out that I didn't get the job that I had already gotten (my 10+ years experience wasn't enough to get me the job).

There is something good that came out of that day. It helped me come up with a new story idea. I want to write something fun, so let me introduce Hero.com...

Jett and Jace are my two MCs and they find out that the tagline of the newest online game about superheroes and villains "The destiny you choose will follow you through life" is more accurate than they'd ever imagine when they wake up one morning with the same powers as their characters... but who's the hero and who's the villain?

Now... I'll keep you waiting a bit more to learn the answer.

Has this ever happened to you? No, not the gaining superpowers part, but the getting a story idea out of a terrible situation (and from my story, an idea that has absolutely nothing to do with the situation)?

4 comments:

Kerri Cuev said...

Cheree hope you have a better week! Things can only get better, right? New story sounds really cool!

Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker and Mantua-Maker said...

Hugs on the job. Your new story looks like great fun!

lisa and laura said...

That sucks about the job--shame on them! Your new idea sounds fabulous though. I can't wait to hear more!

Elana Johnson said...

I'm so sorry today has been terrible. I get how that feels, and it's not nice. Sorry about your job!

Yes, ideas come from horrible situations all the time. Unfortunately. Or fortunately, I suppose.

*hugs*

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva