Everyone has their own ideal setting for writing, or just relaxing in general. Some can only work if there is total silence, some need chaos (like that from a coffee shop or busy restaurant) to get the creative juices flowing. What about me? Well, I need some kind of background noise, and usually in the same tempo/genre/mood of what I'm writing.
I've read a lot of authors websites that mention having a soundtrack for the novel, and I've found this technique a very handy tool to get into the right frame of mind for writing, and it's also a fun way to
For haven, my soundtrack consists of:
1. Down with the Sickness by Disturbed
2. 7 Days to the Wolves by Nightwish
3. Monsters by Matchbook Romance
4. The Curse by Disturbed
5. Rest in Peace by James Masters, aka Spike (see above, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
6. Disturbia by Rhianna
7. It's the Fear by Within Temptation
8. Somebody Help Me by Full Blown Rose
9. Vampires will never hurt You by My Chemical Romance
10. Whisper by Evanescence
So, do you have a soundtrack to the story you're working on (if you don't, then why not)?
P.S. that's my kind of vampire. Spike from Buffy, bad boy all the way, and he's actually coming down under in 2 weeks...