Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I know I've been absent for the past few weeks, but I do have a reason. School work has got me bogged down, as well as writing, it doesn't seem like I have much time left for anything else. I really can't wait for the holidays because I've got so many characters screaming to be written.

I think I need to get a better grip of my organisation skills so I can make time for everything I really want to.

And here's a sneak peak of a story I'm in the middle of researching while I'm writing my long-overdue novels:

After an accident that happened on the night of the school dance that Rin doesn't want to think about (yeah, resulting in extensive property damage and a nearly-dead date), she is sent to live with her grandparents in Japan. She doesn't really see eye-to-eye with her grandparents, her grand father hates the fact her mother married an Australian, and her grandmother thinks she's cursed (which she really could be).


When a manga-crazed Otaku (someone fanatic about manga, anime and all things Japanese) approaches her at school with the crazed notion that she is a character in a manga, she thinks he's crazy. But when he shows her one that has a character that really looks like herself wielding a baseball bat, standing over a bloody body, Rin has to track down who is behind the comic as well as who is the person she's going to kill.

Mmm, that's a lot of research. Oh well, that's a good excuse to go overseas. I hope everyone has a good day.


2 comments:

Angela Brown said...

That's one heck of a premise. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.. Though I'm not quite an Otaku, I am a fan of anime. Seeing it play a part in the plot is stoking.

Anonymous said...

I quite like the sound of it... best of luck with the research.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva