Thursday, June 28, 2012

Procrastination or Laziness?

Procrastination, everyone does it. I'm an expert at it, and it comes easy. Just sitting in front of my computer, I can find so many distractions. There's the internet, there's games and then there's social networking. All this right in front of me, all this that I need to push aside to get some work done.

No matter how hard you try, there will always be distractions to keep you from 'wanting' to do the work. You can disconnect the internet (yes, that's a bit drastic), you can lock yourself away and ignore all the family calls (wondering why you've ended up with a dozen voice mails) or chain yourself to the computer desk.

One way to overcome procrastination for me is to set a goal. With having something to work towards, it helps to push me into completing something worthwhile and not say "I'll do it tomorrow".

What about you? Do you ever suffer from bouts of procrastination? What are some tips to overcome the want to put the work off?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva