Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wind-down Wednesday

Well, a lot has hasn't happened this week. I have no uni, pretty much no work and I'm going to visit my sister and father next Monday/Tuesday (yay, 12 hours on a train... sounds like fun) to temperatures that don't even reach double digits (that's celcius).

Apart from doing a bit of very late spring cleaning, I did promise myself I'll get stuck into my writing... unfortunately I rediscovered my love of books (and since I've got over 10 unread books on my shelves) and I've been reading constantly... oh well, let's hope I can start writing a bit before the week ends.

So, here's what's been happening in the blogosphere this week:
  1. The Querytracker blog had a great post on "how to grab an agent's attention in a query letter."
  2. Also at the Querytracker blog they also addressed how long manuscripts should be.

The Blogfests happening this week are:
  1. Breaking the rules Blogfest on the 18th June, hosted by Elizabeth Mueller.
  2. Bad Boy Blogfest on the 20th June, hosted by Tina Lynn over at Sweet Nibblets.
And, lucky last, there was a great announcement this week about an online writers convention, WriteOnCon, taking place on August 10-12. The wonderful people setting it up are (and they also have contests that they're running in conjunction with it as well):
  1. Elana Johnson
  2. Lisa & Laura Roecker
  3. Casey McCormick
  4. Jamie Harington
  5. Shannon Messenger
 Well, I hope you all have a great day. To leave you all, here's the trailer for the book that's got me so enthralled that I simply can't put it down. It's The Rise of Renegade X from debut YA author, Chelsea M. Campbell.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for the links.

lisa and laura said...

Thanks for the shout out for WriteOnCon!!!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva