Monday, November 1, 2010

And Nano's Begun

DAY 1...

So, NanoWriMo's begun and I'm off to an okay start (not as good as I would have liked since I've been up since 5am and trying to write most of the day).

After staring at the computer, trying to figure out that perfect first sentence (and rewriting the first 200 words several times), I finally got started, even though the story isn't trying to stick to any of my plotting that I did the previous month.

I'm actually surprised that I've made it this far today because with the forums and everything, there's plenty to do to "procrastinate" that I'm surprised that I actually got around to any writing.

Well, now I'm off to bed probably when most people will just be getting a start on day 1. I wish everyone good luck as they jump straight into their novels.

So, is everyone set to start Nano (if you're doing it). How are you going to keep yourself away from the forums and other internet distractions long enough to write?

6 comments:

Kerri Cuev said...

Good luck Cheree! I think, and I'm sure it won't happen, for every 1,000 words I will reward myself with free time lol!

Tara said...

Here's me, procrastinating...*wink*

Good luck!

Brenda Drake said...

I'm with Kerri. Breaks are necessary so I'll write in bites throughout the day and check on people as I go. Plus there's all that other life stuff I have to do. Good luck! :D

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hi, Cheree! I haven't been by in ages. I'm so sorry! It's so ggod to "see" you, though. Good luck with NaNo! :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm limiting myself to one hour of blogging a day. Okay, I'm going to try!

Sherrie Petersen said...

I don't even really use the forums on NaNo. But my blogging buddies are a big distraction!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva