Wow, over the weekend this blog received its 100th follower and for that I'm speechless (when I started writing here I didn't even imagine reaching 50) and I thank every one of you. What better way to celebrate than to hold a blogfest.
Main characters are easy to write and develop. They are always the centre of attention, but what about the poor little sidekicks and minor characters? Sometimes it's easy to forget about the characters that spends a lot of the time on the sidelines, eager to get their turn to shine. Well, now's the time. The challenge is to post a scene which highlights a minor character. It can be a scene where he/she is helping the main character or one by themselves, but the main goal is to let them shine.
The rules are simple:
- Sign up on the form below so we know you're participating.
- Advertise this post so that people will know about the blogfest.
- On Thursday July 8, post a short excert that stars a minor character. Try to keep the posts to under 1,000 words if possible.
- Link back to this post so that others will be able to find the list of everyone participating.
- Make sure to come back on July 8 and comment on the other posts.
- Have Fun!
At the end of the fest I'll randomly select a follower who's participating in the blogfest to receive a $15.00 gift card from Amazon.com. So, in order to be eligible for the prize you need to:
- Be a follower of the blog
- Participate in the Tales from the Sidelines blogfest on July 8
- Make sure you post your excert between 12:00am and 11:59pm on July 8
- Post a comment below to let me know you're participating.
As a final note, apart from being fun (and a good procrastinating tool), they are also helpful with fine tuning writing skills. There's a lot of blogfests out there at the moment and the lovely Andrew over at the WriteRunner has compiled a list of all the blogfests that are coming up, make sure you check some of them out.