Boy, the Lets Talk blogfest was fun yesterday, and now it's another Wednesday. Who doesn't need a mid-week wind-down? I know I definitely do.
So far this week I've:
- Submitted my second last assignment (hey, I even had half an hour to spare... I'm doing good).
- Passed an exam (since I decided that last minute studying and didn't open my books till the night before the exam that's fantastic).
- Discovered 15 year olds *gasp* "Don't like to read"... how to teach them about a book if they won't read it is beyond me.
- Decided to finally get started with my new superheroes novel. At the moment it's got the most original name in the world... "Heroes" (memo to self: I definitely need to change that).
- And figured out there's not enough hours in the day (also, you need more than 4-5 hours sleep to be able to stay awake in a Maths class... I don't think a teacher falling asleep in the back of the class will look good).
- A new website called the League of Extraordinary Writers, established by a group of debut authors who write Science Fiction and Distopian YA novels is giving away a prize pack that consists of signed books, bookmarks and magnets.
- Kathy Bradey over at Once Upon a Time in Writer Land is giving away several Amazon gift certificates.
- Creepy Query Girl is holding a Spoof Query Contest in which a 30 page critique is up for grabs. All you have to do is query for an already established book or movie, but with one catch. You have to write a query the worst possible way. Use everything you've learnt shouldn't be done.