Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wind-down Wednesday

Well, another Wednesday has come, and this time I definitely need the wind down. Within a week I've entered final weeks of uni, so I've already sat a test (that I hope I've picked the answers according to the one who's marking the paper because it seems that out of the two tutors there could be two very different answers), frantically trying to find time to finish my assignments, started teaching (well, trying to) a couple of English classes, all the time while I'm still trying to work... so, this is a perfect time for some necessary R&R... since I don't have much time, I've given myself the night off to watch Masterchef while curled up in bed.

So, around on the blogosphere there are always plenty of contests to sink ones teeth into, here's just a small selection of those:
  • The Book Pixie has prize pack of books to give away. The contest will finish 16th May. All you need to do is fill out the form, and also be a follower of the blog. There's just a slight catch, you need to have a US mailing address to win.
  • Steph Bowe is giving away a $20 gift card to an online boutique in America called Mode 5. All that's required is to fill in a little form. Contest ends 26th May.
  • Miss Snark has also announced May's Secret Agent Contest. For all those that don't know, you submit the first 250 words of a "Complete" Manuscript and it is judged by an agent that isn't announced until after the contest. This contest is open to YA, middle grade and chapter books. The contest opens 17th May and opens at 12 noon and closes at 2pm or when they fill the 25 slots (which usually happens within 10 minutes of opening so be quick).

 Also, there's a lot of blogfests happening all over the place. There's one happening next Tuesday, the "Let's talk" blogfest in which you select the best piece of dialogue from your manuscript. To sign up simply go to Fiction Groupie and you'll find the links.

And, now something to leave you on. I thought this video was great, and something that we all wished were that easy. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha!! Cheree, that is one of the funniest videos I've ever seen! :D Just like real life...lol...Where did you find that?

I'm so OLD! I still don't know how to add vids to my blog...lol...

Thanks for sharing the links and the vid, I needed a good laugh :)

Annie McMahon said...

Um... Kurt? It's not THAT easy in real life. But you know that better than I do. :D

Great video, Cheree!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hilarious video!!

Unknown said...

Kurt, I just searched Youtube on writing and stumbled upon it. I thought it was great.

Annie, I so wish that was just like real life though.

Jennifer, thanks.

Anonymous said...

It was great!...lol...I will have to try that :)

Hannah said...

Thanks for the linkage!!

good luck with all the school stuff! :)

kanishk said...

this is Hilarious video!!
post free classified ads

Flingyourway said...

Truly funny indeed.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva