Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wind-down Wednesday

Hope everyone's Wednesday's are going superbly. A lot's been happening this week, and I'm getting in the swing of things again (well, actually trying to keep up with everything... surprisingly I'm able to).

This week I've been able to:
  1. Pass my last subject from last semester, English (I learnt the valuable lesson of backing up files, or computers are totally useless when the file corrupts so it didn't end up in my tutors in box and then the computer crashes... just my luck).
  2. A new semester has started, and I've vowed that I'm going to try this semester... hey, I passed an assignment I didn't even try hard at and I didn't hand in all of the components of it... imagine what I could have gotten if I'd tried.
  3. Keep ahead with my critique group.
Well, the one thing I haven't been able to do a lot of is actual writing... I need to work on that.

Here's a couple of blogfests that are happening on the blogosphere:
  1. The blogfest of Death hosted over at Tessa's blurb on the 18th July
  2. And, don't forget about mine which is happening tomorrow, 8th July. A good chance to show off your minor characters.

So, how's everyone's day going (or week)?

And, to leave everyone, I've found one of the old Looney Tunes cartoons on YouTube. I've always wanted to see it, it's the legendary moment where Wile-E-Coyote finally catches Roadrunner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I learned that lesson the hard way too...Now I back up everything....

Stina said...

I back everything up on flashstick . . . and email. :)

I'm not getting much writing done either. I'm trying to do a lot of editing this week after I received my final beta feedback yesterday. Too bad the kids only have camp this week. Too bad the camp is only half days (2 1/2 hr writing time for me).

Good luck on your courses. :D

Anonymous said...

I back up everything, too. I think everyone who has had a computer crash and didn't back up something, never forgets that lesson!
Good luck in your classes and thanks for the video--I got a kick out of it!

Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker and Mantua-Maker said...

ROFL! I hadn't seen that Roadrunner cartoon before, and I used to be a devoted fan.

Congrats on your classes, and happy writing!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Back up constantly!

And I remember that Road Runner moment.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva